Instructions for Scanning Fingerprints
Instructions for scanning fingerprints, hand & footprints, and pet prints using a desktop scanner.
- Use your desktop scanner to scan them as a Grayscale image, if available.
- For Fingerprints: Scan at 600 d.p.i.
- For Pet Prints or Hand and Foot Prints: Scan at 300 d.p.i.
- DO NOT resize. Use the crop tool; frame your selected prints near but not touching the print. You will be able to upload up to 5 prints to an order, and we will choose the best one.
- Save the image in JPG format, as the name of the deceased or printed.
- When you are ready to place your order online at thumbies.com, you will be able to up load these prints to your order.